Worksheet on Probability
Probability (or likelihood) is the chance that something will happen - how likely it is that some event will happen.
The likelihood of event A is the number of ways event A can occur divided by the total number of possible outcomes.
1. A die is thrown once. The chance of getting a prime number is : (Ans)
2. Which of the following cannot be chance of an event? a) 1 b) -1.5 (Ans)
3. If chance of happening of an event is 3/7, then the chance of not happening this event is : (Ans)
4. If P(E) = 0.07, then the chance of ‘not E’ is : (Ans)
5. The chance of sure event is : (Ans)
6. The chance of an impossible event is : (Ans)
7. A die is thrown once. The chance of getting a number less than 3 is : (Ans)
8. If one card is drawn from a deck of 52 cards, then the chance of getting black king is : (Ans)
9. In a simultaneous toss of two coins, the chance of exactly one head is : (Ans)
10. Dan throws a die once. The chance that he shows a number less than 5 is : (Ans)
11. Two coins are tossed simultaneously 500 times, and we get Two heads : 105 times.Find the chance of occurrence of this event. (Ans)
12. The record of a weather station shows that out of the past 250 consecutive days, its weather forecasts were correct 175 times.What is the chance that on a given day it was correct? (Ans)
13.In a cricket match, a batswoman hits a boundary 6 times out of 30 balls she plays. Find the chance that she did not hit a boundary.Also find the chance that she hit the boundary. (Ans)