Construction of Bisecting Angles
Using a protractor draw are angle of measure 800.Bisect the given angle.
Step 1: Draw a ray OA.
Step 2:With the help of protractor draw an angle AOB of measure 800
Step 3: With center O and a convenient radius draw an arc cutting arms OA and OB at P and Q respectively.
Step 4: With center P and radius more than half-length of PQ, draw an arc.
Step 5: With center Q and same radius as in the step 4, draw another arc intersecting the arc drawn in the step 4 at R.
Step 6: Join OR and Produce it to form a ray OX the angle AOX is the angle of measure 400 ( one half of 800)
Construction of Angles 600,1200and 1800
Step 1 : Draw a line segment AB of any length.
Step 2 : Draw an arc of any radius with center A, which cuts AB
Step 3 : With same radius and center at P draw another arc,
which cuts earlier arc at Q.
Step 4 : Join AQ.
Step 5 : ∠BAD = 600
Step 4 : With same radius and centre at Q draw another arc
which cut the first arc at R.
Step 5 : Join A and R by drawing AC.
Step 6 : ∠CAB is the required 120° angle.
• Basic Geometric Constructions
• Construction of Line Segment
• Bisecting a Line Segment
• Constructing Angles
• Bisecting Angles
• Constructing Parallel Lines
• Construction of Triangle (SSS)
• SAS Triangle Construction
• ASA Triangle Construction
• HL Triangle Construction (Rhs -construction)
• Constructing Quadrilaterals
• Constructing Triangles(when sum of sides or perimeter is given)