This math puzzle 14 is on total distance,speed,total sales,capacity etc.
1) Fast food sales in a restaurant are given in the table below:
Amount of Sale
% of Total Sale
What is (A+B)?
A. 5500 B. 7500 C. 12000 D. 20000 E. 24000
2) Alan walks 3/4 mile and travels by bus 6 miles on his way to work. What fraction of the total distance does he walk?
A. 8/51 B. 51/8 C. 1/8 D. 1/9 E. 1/27
3) Given that today is Monday, what day of the week will be 6 99 days from today?
A. Monday B. Tuesday C. Thursday D. Saturday E. Sunday
4) Car A covers a distance of 5 miles in 3 minutes, car B travels 9 miles in 6 minutes, and car C travels 12 miles in 15 minutes. Which car travels fastest?
A. A B. B C. C D. A and B E. B and C
5) Car A covers a distance of 5 miles in 3 minutes, car B travels 9.7 miles in 6 minutes, and car C travels 35 miles in 21 minutes. Which cars travel at the same speed?
A. A, B, C travel at different speed B. A and B C. B and C D. A and C E. A, B, C travel at same speed
6) Car A covers a distance of 5 miles in 3 minutes, car B travels 9 miles in 6 minutes and car C travels 12 miles in 15 minutes. If all 3 cars travel for 1 hour, how many more miles does car A travel compared to car C?
A. 10 B. 48 C. 52 D. 90 E. 100
7) What value of x satisfies the equation 11(x - 1) = 1/1331?
A. -4 B. -3 C. -2 D. 2 E. 3
8) If y = , then which of the following equations give the value of x in terms of y?
A. x = y9 / 2 B. x = y6 C. x = y9 / 8 D. x= y6 / 4 E. x = y1/9
9) If x = 272/3 and y = 251/2 , what is the difference between and x and y?
A. 2 B. 4 C. 5 D. 9 E. 22
10) A tank which is 20% filled to the capacity holds 210 gallons of water. What is the total capacity of the tank?
A. 530 B. 630
C.840 D. 1050 E. 1260