Math Puzzle 22
This math puzzle 22 is on equidistant,collinear,arithmetic mean etc.
1) For what value of 'a' will the points (-a -1 , 2), (a, 3) and (4, -5) be collinear?
A. 4/15 B. 1/5 C. -3/5 D. -2/5 E. -12
2) If the point P (x, y) be equidistant from the points A (-3, -6) and
B (-6, -3), then what is the ratio of x: y?
A. 1 B. -2 C. 3 D.1/2 E. 1/3
3) If the mean of five observations x, x - 4, x + 7, x - 7, x + 4 is 20 then the mean of the three observations is.
A. 21 B. 24 C. 30 D. 33 E. 63
4) If the average (arithmetic mean) of 7,7 13,17 and p is equal to p, what is the value of p?
A. 5 B. 6 C. 7 D. 9 E. 11
4) P, Q, R are three sets of values of x:
P: 6, 4,1,1,6,6
Select the correct statement from among the following
A. Mean of P is equal to mean of Q is equal to mean of R
B. Median of Q is equal to mean of R is equal to mode of P
C. Mean of P is equal to median of Q is equal to mode of R
D. Median of P is equal to mode of Q is equal to mean of R
E. Mode of P is equal to median of Q is equal to mean of R.
5) The table below shows the average (arithmetic mean) per dozen of Grade A mangoes sold in a certain fruit store during three successive months. If twice as many dozens were sold in May as in June, and 3/4 as many dozen were sold in July as in May, what was the average price per dozen of mangoes sold over the three month period?
|| Per dozen
A. $ 2.00 B. $ 2.20 C. $ 2.35 D. $ 2.40 E. $ 2.42
6) The marks obtained by the number of a class are summarized in the table:
Which of the following can be the mean marks of the class?
A. x+2y+4z/7 B. x+2y+4z/5 C. x+2y+4z D. 5x+10y+20z E. 5x+10y+20z/7
7) In a list of five integers 7 is the lowest member, 42 is the highest member, the mean is 20 the median is 21 and 15 is the mode. If the numbers 4 and 45 are then included in the list, which o f the following will change?(math puzzle 22)
I the mode
II the median
III the mean
A. I only B. II only
C. III only D. I and II only E. II and III only
8) If 7 cards above are placed in a row so that diamond ace is never at either end, how many different arrangements are possible.
A. 5 B. 20 C. 120 D. 240 E. 720
9) A bag contains 4 green, 3 white and 2 blue balls. A ball is drawn and not replaced. A second ball is drawn. The probability of drawing one white and one green ball is
A. 1/3 B. 1/6 C. 12/24 D. 3/24 E. -3/24
10) Toni's lock consists of a 3-digit number. The combination satisfies the three conditions below.
The number is odd
The number is a prime
The number is a multiple of 3
If each number satisfies exactly one of the conditions which if the following of could be the combination to the lock?
A. 3 - 6 -1 B. 2 - 6 - 5 C. 1 - 3 - 9 D. 3 - 6 - 9
E. 5 - 6 - 9
Math puzzle 22
From math puzzle 22 to Math Teasers