Perimeter of Parallelogram and Area of Parallelogram
In this section we will discuss perimeter of parallelogram and area of parallelogram.
Formulas are as follows :
• Perimeter = 2l + 2w
• Area = Base x height
• Base = Area/height
• Height = Area/Base
Some solved Examples :
1) The length of a parallelogram is 25 cm and width is 20 cm .Find the perimeter.
Perimeter = 2 ( l + w )
⇒ = 2 ( 25 + 20 )
⇒ = 2 x 45
∴ Perimeter = 90 cm.
2) Find the perimeter & area of parallelogram with base 5 cm , width 3 cm and height 4.2 cm.
Area = base x height
Area = 5 x 4.2
Area = 21 cm 2
Perimeter = 2l + 2w
= 2( 5) + 2(3)
= 10 + 6
Perimeter = 16 cm.
3) Find the height of the parallelogram whose area is 2.25 sq.m and base is 25 dm.
Area of parallelogram = 2.25 sq.m
1dm = 0.1 m
So, 25 dm = 25 x 0.1
Base of the parallelogram = 2.5 m
Height of the parallelogram = Area / Base
Height = 0.9 m
4) The two sides of the parallelogram ABCD are 6cm and 4cm. The height corresponding to the base CD is 3cm, as shown in fig. Find the
(i) area of the parallelogram (ii) the height corresponding to the base AD.
(i) Area of parallelogram = base x height (when base = DC
= 6 x 3
Area = 18 sq.cm
(ii) Now base = AD = 4 cm and height = h
Area of parallelogram =AD x h
18 = 4 x h
h = 18/4
h = 4.5 cm
Thus the height corresponding to base AD is 4.5 cm.
Mensuration : Area and Perimeter
• Perimeter & Area of Irregular Shape
• Area and Perimeter of the Rectangle
• Area of Square (perimeter of square)
• Perimeter of Parallelogram(Area of Parallelogram)
• Area of Rhombus(Perimeter of rhombus)
• Area of Trapezoid (Trapezium)
• Triangle Area (Perimeter of triangle)
• Herons Formula
From Parallelogram to Mensuration page