11th grade math
Welcome to 11th grade math!
We are an educational site named ask-math.com and we provide good study stuff.
This year is important as since students need to decide about the stream which will lead their career. The class 11th grade math syllabus covers the knowledge about the topics that are included in the mathematics. As we know that there is no limit of the course, and if all study is divided in different streams then definitely the limit of that streams for a particular class according to the capacity of the students is must. Thus, class 11th syllabus is necessary for the students to get to know what the topics are and they have to study in 11th standard so that the base of the 12th standard would be strong. In India. the 12th standard percentage have a lot importance in one's life and the admission in higher classes depends on this percentage and knowledge and the study of 12th standard could affected with the knowledge of the base of 11th grade . So it is very necessary to know the topics involved for 11th. Ask-math.com has organized each and every topics that are included in 11 th grade. To learn these topics step by step click on the links given at the bottom of this page. Here is a list of all of the topics students learn in 11th grade math.
Sets : The concept of set is basic in all branches of mathematics. It has proved to be of particular importance in the formations of relations and functions.
Relations and Functions : In mathematics, we come to across relations such as i) line l is parallel to line m ii) number m is less than number n . In all these we notice that a relation involves pairs of objects in certain order. This section is devoted to the study of relations and functions in mathematics.
Mathematical induction : The process of reasoning from general to particular and the other is known as the process of induction. In algebra or in other disciplines of mathematics, there are certain results or statements that are formulated in terms of n , where n is a positive integer. To prove such statements we use a specific technique, is known as the “Principle of Mathematical Induction".
Logarithms : It is a specific process that reduces the amount of work involved in multiplying and dividing large numbers.
Complex Numbers : Complex number is a number of the form a + ib, where a and b are real numbers and i is the imaginary unit which has the property of i 2 = -1
Linear Inequations : 13x <250 such equations are called linear inequations.The study of inequations is very useful in solving problems in the fields of science, mathematics, statistics, optimization problems, economics,psychology etc.
Quadratic Equations : In this section ask-math provides you the quadratic equations with real coefficients but having negative discriminant.
Sequences and series : In this section ask-math covers all types of sequences such as arithmetic progression (A.P), Geometric progression (G.P) and harmonic progression.
Trigonometric functions : In this section, ask-math provides the circular function and their properties. Such as conversion of angles from radian to degree, signs of trigonometric functions, domain and range of trigonometric functions, sum and difference of angles etc.
Cartesian system of rectangular co-ordinates : This section provides you the distance formula, section formula , area of triangle using coordinates , parametric equation of line etc.
Straight line and family of straight line: In this section, we shall derive the various forms of the equation of a line including the lines parallel to axes and the oblique ones.
• Cartesian product of sets
• Circular function
• Composite functions
• Evaluate inverse cosine function
• Evaluate inverse sine function
• Even and odd function in trigonometry
Graph of functions :
• Graph a rational function
• Graph of a trigonometric function
• Graph rational functions with holes
• Intercept of rational function
• Inverse tangent function
• One to one function
• Onto function
• Periodic function in trigonometry
• Trigonometric functions in different quadrants
Mathematical Induction :
• Prove by mathematical induction
• Common and natural logarithm
• Rules for logarithms
• Evaluating logarithm
• Logarithms change of base
• Application of logarithm
Complex Numbers :
• Complex numbers
• Addition of complex numbers
• Subtraction of complex numbers
• Complex numbers polar form
• Complex roots of quadratic equation
• Conjugate complex number
• Division of complex numbers
• Modulus of a complex number
• Multiplication of complex numbers
• Perform operations with complex numbers
Quadratic Functions :
• Introduction of quadratic equation
• Irrational roots of quadratic equation
• Nature of roots in quadratic equation
• Quadratic equations with real coefficients
• Show that quadratic equation cannot have more than two roots
• Quadratic equations with complex coefficients
Linear Inequalities :
• Graphing linear inequality
• Graphing systems of linear inequalities
• Linear inequalities
• Solve two step linear inequalities
• Solving linear equations inequalities algebra
• Solving one step equations and inequalities
• System linear inequalities word problems
• System of linear inequalities
Sequence and Series
• Series and sequences
• What is an arithmetic means
• Arithmetic progression
• Find terms arithmetic progression
• Arithmetic sequence properties
• Sum of arithmetic progression
• Geometric progression
• Properties of geometric progression
• Find common ratio when sum of n terms of geometric progression is given
• General term of geometric progression
• Geometric progression problem
• Selection of terms in geometric progression
• Solved sums on geometric progression
• Sum of a geometric progression
• Sum of an infinite geometric progression
• Relation between Geometric and Arithmetic mean
11th grade math