8th Grade Math Curriculum
8th grade math curriculum will teach students topics which they have already learnt in 7th grade math but in details and some topics are new. Such as radical, factorization, variation, construction of quadrilaterals, area of trapezoid, 3D shapes such as cube, rectangular prism(cuboid) and cylinder. In 8th grade math student will learn about the graphs. How to plot the points on the graph, reading off from the graphs, reading of the linear and reading of distance time graph.
8th grade math curriculum
1) Rational Numbers :
• Properties of rational numbers. Using general form of expression to describe properties.
• Consolidation of operation on rational numbers.
• Representation of rational numbers on the number line.
• Finding the rational numbers between the two rational numbers.
• Word problems based on rational numbers.
• Introduction of Irrational numbers.
2) Exponents and Powers :
• Integers as Exponents
• Laws of exponents with integral exponents
3) Squares, Square roots :
• Square and Square roots
• Square roots using factor method, division method
Cubes and Cube root :
• Cubes and cubes roots by factor method
• Estimating square roots and cube roots
Algebraic Expressions :
• Multiplication and division of algebraic expression
• Identities (a ± b)2
±2ab + b2
= (a + b)(a - b)
• Solving linear equation in one variable
Ratio and Proportion :
• Advanced problems involving application on percentages, profit and loss, Discount , tax
• Simple and compound interest
• Direct variation and inverse variation
• Time and work problems
Understanding Shapes :
• Properties of quadrilaterals
• Construction of quadrilaterals
• Area of trapezoid
• Volume of Cube, rectangular prism and cylinder
•Surface area of Cube, rectangular prism and cylinder
Data handling :
• Bar graph
• Pie charts
Introduction to Graphs
• Axes, Cartesian plane
• Plotting points
• Reading of linear graphs
• Reading of distance Vs time graph
• Rational numbers
• Exponents and Powers
• Squares and square roots
• Cube and cube roots
• Algebraic Expressions
• Linear Equation in one variable
• Profit and Loss
• simple interest
• Compound Interest
• Properties of Quadrilaterals
• Constructing Quadrilaterals
• Area of trapezoid
• Volume of cube
• Volume of Rectangular Prism
• Volume of Cylinder
• Surface area of Cube
• Surface area of Rectangular prism
• Surface area of cylinder
• Bar graph
• Pie chart
We at ask-math believe that educational material should be free for everyone. Please use the content of this website for in-depth understanding of the concepts. Additionally, we have created and posted videos on our youtube.
We also offer One to One / Group Tutoring sessions / Homework help for Mathematics from Grade 4th to 12th for algebra, geometry, trigonometry, pre-calculus, and calculus for US, UK, Europe, South east Asia and UAE students.
Affiliations with Schools & Educational institutions are also welcome.
Please reach out to us on [email protected] / Whatsapp +919998367796 / Skype id: anitagovilkar.abhijit
We will be happy to post videos as per your requirements also. Do write to us.