8th grade math curriculum will teach students topics which they have already learnt in 7th grade math but in details and some topics are new. Such as radical, factorization, variation, construction of quadrilaterals, area of trapezoid, 3D shapes such as cube, rectangular prism(cuboid) and cylinder. In 8th grade math student will learn about the graphs. How to plot the points on the graph, reading off from the graphs, reading of the linear and reading of distance time graph.
8th grade math curriculum
1) Rational Numbers :
• Properties of rational numbers. Using general form of expression to describe properties.
• Consolidation of operation on rational numbers.
• Representation of rational numbers on the number line.
• Finding the rational numbers between the two rational numbers.
• Word problems based on rational numbers.
• Introduction of Irrational numbers. 2) Exponents and Powers :
• Integers as Exponents
• Laws of exponents with integral exponents 3) Squares, Square roots :
• Square and Square roots
• Square roots using factor method, division method Cubes and Cube root :
• Cubes and cubes roots by factor method
• Estimating square roots and cube roots Algebraic Expressions :
• Multiplication and division of algebraic expression
• Identities (a ~+mn~ b)2= a2 ~+mn~2ab + b2 a2 - b2 = (a + b)(a - b)
• Solving linear equation in one variable Ratio and Proportion :
• Advanced problems involving application on percentages, profit and loss, Discount , tax
• Simple and compound interest
• Direct variation and inverse variation
• Time and work problems Understanding Shapes :
• Properties of quadrilaterals Construction :
• Construction of quadrilaterals Mensuration :
• Area of trapezoid
• Volume of Cube, rectangular prism and cylinder
•Surface area of Cube, rectangular prism and cylinder Data handling :
• Bar graph
• Pie charts
Introduction to Graphs
• Axes, Cartesian plane
• Plotting points
• Reading of linear graphs
• Reading of distance Vs time graph