ASA Triangle Construction ASA Triangle Construction
To construct a triangle when two of its angles,say B and C, and the included side BC are given,we proceed as follows :
Step 1 : Draw a line segment BC.
Step 2 : Draw ∠CBX of measure equal to that of ∠B.
Step 3 : Draw ∠BCY with Y on the same side of BC as X, such that its measure is equal to that of ∠C. Let BX and CY intersect at A. Then, ΔABC is the required triangle.
Construct a ΔABC in which BC = 6 cm, ∠B = 35 0 and ∠C = 100 0 .
Step 1 : Draw a line segment BC = 6 cm.
Step 2 : Draw ∠CBX, such that ∠CBX = 35 0
Step 3 : Draw ∠BCY with Y on the same side of BC as X such that
∠BCY = 100 0
Step 4 : Let BX and CY intersect at A.
ΔABC is the required triangle.
1) If we have PQ = 5 cm, ∠PQR= 115° and ∠QRP = 30°, can we construct a ΔPQR with these measurements?
2) State true or false: In ΔABC, the side included between ∠B and ∠C is AB.
3) Construct ΔABC in which BC=6 cm, ∠B = 35 0 and ∠C = 100 0 .
4) In ΔABC, BC = CA. Which of its two angles are equal ?
5) If m∠A=70 0 ,AB= 5cm and m∠B=60 0 which rule is used here to construct triangle ABC?
• Basic Geometric Constructions
• Construction of Line Segment
• Bisecting a Line Segment
• Constructing Angles
• Bisecting Angles
• Constructing Parallel Lines
• Construction of Triangle (SSS)
• SAS Triangle Construction
• ASA Triangle Construction
• HL Triangle Construction (Rhs -construction)
• Constructing Quadrilaterals
• Constructing Triangles(when sum of sides or perimeter is given)
7th grade Math