HL Triangle Construction
We at ask-math believe that educational material should be free for everyone. Please use the content of this website for in-depth understanding of the concepts. Additionally, we have created and posted videos on our youtube.
We also offer One to One / Group Tutoring sessions / Homework help for Mathematics from Grade 4th to 12th for algebra, geometry, trigonometry, pre-calculus, and calculus for US, UK, Europe, South east Asia and UAE students.
Affiliations with Schools & Educational institutions are also welcome.
Please reach out to us on [email protected] / Whatsapp +919998367796 / Skype id: anitagovilkar.abhijit
We will be happy to post videos as per your requirements also. Do write to us.
HL Triangle Construction (RHS triangle Construction) :
A triangle is said to be a right triangle, if one of its three angles is a right angle.
To construct a right triangle ABC right angled at C when its hypotenuse is AC and one side is BC is given, we follow the following steps :
Step 1 :
Draw a line segment BC of given length.
Draw ∠BCX of measure 900
Step 3 :
With center B and radius equal to the hypotenuse AB, draw an arc of the circle to intersect ray CX at A.
Step 4 :
Join BA to obtain the required triangle ABC.
RHS Triangle Construction
Construct a right triangle PQR in which ∠Q = 900
, PR = 6 cm and QR = 4 cm.
Step 1: Draw QR = 4 cm.
Step 2 : Using compass, at Q draw ∠RQK = 900
Step 3 : Cut off RP = 6 cm.
Step 4 : Join P and R.
Now we get the required ΔPQR.
1) If the sides of triangle are 3cm,4cm and 5cm then what type of triangle you will get after constructing it?
2) Construct a right angled triangle ABC where AB = 4.5 cm, AC = 5.8 cm and angle A = 900
3) In a triangle PQR, if ∠P=900
and ∠Q= ∠R, find the angles of the triangle .
• Basic Geometric Constructions
• Construction of Line Segment
• Bisecting a Line Segment
• Constructing Angles
• Bisecting Angles
• Constructing Parallel Lines
• Construction of Triangle (SSS)
• SAS Triangle Construction
• ASA Triangle Construction
• HL Triangle Construction (Rhs -construction)
• Constructing Quadrilaterals
• Constructing Triangles(when sum of sides or perimeter is given)
7th grade Math