We at ask-math believe that educational material should be free for everyone. Please use the content of this website for in-depth understanding of the concepts. Additionally, we have created and posted videos on our youtube.
We also offer One to One / Group Tutoring sessions / Homework help for Mathematics from Grade 4th to 12th for algebra, geometry, trigonometry, pre-calculus, and calculus for US, UK, Europe, South east Asia and UAE students.
Affiliations with Schools & Educational institutions are also welcome.
Please reach out to us on [email protected] / Whatsapp +919998367796 / Skype id: anitagovilkar.abhijit
We will be happy to post videos as per your requirements also. Do write to us.
Complementary angles : When two angles add up to 900.
1) 20, 70 2) 30,60 3) 1,89 etc.
The complement of an angle of measure 300
is the angle of 600
. And the complement of angle of measure 600
is the angle of 300
Important Points :
1) If two angles are complement of each other, then each is an acute angle.
2) Two obtuse angles can not be complement of each other.
3) Two right angles cannot be complement of each other.
1) If two angles are complement of each other and one of the angle is of measure 50.Find the measure of other angle.
As we know that sum of two complementary-angles is 900
Let two angles be x and y such that x = 500
So x +y = 900
50 + y= 90
y = 90 – 50
y = 400
2) Find the measure of an angle which is complement of itself.
Let the measure of the angle be x0
Its complement = x0
Sum of the measures of an angle and its complement is 900
x + x = 90
2x = 90
∴ x = 90/2 = 45 0
3) The two complementary angles are in the ratio of 2:3. Find the measures of each angle.
Let the ratio be x
The two angles will be 2x and 3x.
As they are complementary-angles,
2x + 3x = 90
5x = 90
∴ x = 90/5 = 18
Each angle will be,
2x = 2(18) = 360
3x = 3(18) = 540
• Lines and Angles
• Complementary angles
• Supplementary angles
• Vertically Opposite Angles
• Linear Pair Angles
• Adjacent Angles
• Parallel Lines
• Solved Problems on Intersecting Lines
• Solved Problems on Parallel Lines
Russia-Ukraine crisis update - 3rd Mar 2022
The UN General assembly voted at an emergency session to demand an immediate halt to Moscow's attack on Ukraine and withdrawal of Russian troops.