Construction of Line Segment
Covid-19 has led the world to go through a phenomenal transition .
E-learning is the future today.
Stay Home , Stay Safe and keep learning!!!
Construction of line segment is a drawing using ruler and compass. These are geometrical tools.
In construction of line segment, the result is being verified using scale.It is used in building plan,roads etc.
Draw a line segment of length 3.9 cm using a ruler.
Step 1: Draw a line l. Mark a point on the line l.
Step 2: Place the compasses pointer on the zero mark of the ruler. Open it to place the pencil point upto 3.9 cm.
Step 3: Taking caution that the opening of the compasses has not changed, place the pointer on A and swing an arc to cut l at B.
Step 4: segment AB is a line segment of required length.
Construct a copy of a given segment.
Step 1: Draw line segment CD of any length.
Step 2: Fix the compasses pointer on C and the pencil end on D. Now this opening of the compasses gives the length of segment CD.
Step 3 : Draw a line l. Mark a point A on the line l. Without changing the compasses setting, place the pointer on A.
Step 4 : Cut an arc that cuts l at a point B. Now, AB is a copy of CD.
1) Construct segment AB of length 7.9 cm. From this, cut off AC of length 3.6 cm. Measure BC .
2) Draw any line segment CD . Without measuring CD , construct a copy of CD .
3) Construct two segments of lengths 4.3 cm and 3.2 cm. construct a segment whose length is equal to the sum of the lengths of these segments.
• Basic Geometric Constructions
• Construction of Line Segment
• Bisecting a Line Segment
• Constructing Angles
• Bisecting Angles
• Constructing Parallel Lines
• Construction of Triangle (SSS)
• SAS Triangle Construction
• ASA Triangle Construction
• HL Triangle Construction (Rhs -construction)
• Constructing Quadrilaterals
• Constructing Triangles(when sum of sides or perimeter is given)
Covid-19 has affected physical interactions between people.
Don't let it affect your learning.