Covid-19 has led the world to go through a phenomenal transition .
E-learning is the future today.
Stay Home , Stay Safe and keep learning!!!
Factors and Multiples
In factors and multiples, multiples are nothing but the table and factors means in which table the given number is present.
For example : Multiples of 12 is 12,24,36,48,60,72,...
Factors of 12 : 1,2,3,4,6 and 12.
A factor of a number is an exact divisor of that number or factor is a number that is multiplied to get a product i.e. multiplying in a reverse fashion. Every number is a factor of itself, and 1 is a factor of every number. Every factor of a number is a multiple of each of its factors. Hence, we come to know that there is a two way relation between factors and multiples.
So, here we can see that the two of the factors of 6 are 2 and 3, and 6 is exactly divided by both 2 and 3. Similarly, there can be many other factors like 1 and 6 in this case.
Can you find all the factors of the following numbers?
Note: Make sure you include 1 too in the factors’ list.
Multiples are nothing but the product of multiplication between two numbers. It is also known as ‘multiplicative tables’. Multiplicative tables are one of the basic mathematical functions and are highly used in various mathematical functions and calculations. It is advisable that one should learn multiplicative tables from 1 to 20 by heart for easy and quick calculations.
1. Write the first 5 multiples of 2.
2 x 1 = 2, 2 x 2 = 4, 2 x 3 = 6, 2 x 4 = 8, 2 x 5 = 10.
2. Amy bought three chocolates each for her three friends. How many chocolates does she have in all?
No. of chocolates each friend gets = 3
No. of friends = 3
Total number of chocolates Amy has = 3 x 3
= 9 chocolates
Therefore, Amy has bought 9 chocolates in all.
1. Write the first five multiples of 5
2. Write first three multiples of 9
3. Write first eight multiples of 6
4. Write the first nine multiples of 1
5. Write the first six multiples of 12
6. Write the first four multiples of 7
7. Write the first twelve multiples of 10
8. Write the first twenty multiples of 11
9. Write the last three multiples 12
10. Write the last three multiples of 23