Inequality in Triangle
Covid-19 has led the world to go through a phenomenal transition .
E-learning is the future today.
Stay Home , Stay Safe and keep learning!!!
In this section, we shall discuss inequality in triangle.
Theorem -1 : If two sides of a triangle are unequal, the longer side has greater angle opposite to it.
Given : A ΔABC in which AC > AB.
Prove that : ∠ABC > ∠ACB
Construction : Mark a point D on AC such that AB = AD. Join BD.
| 1) AB = AD
|| 1) By Construction
| 2) ∠ ABD = ∠ADB
|| 2) If two sides are equal then angle opposite to them are also equal
| 3)∠ADB > ∠DCB
|| 3)As ∠ADB is an exterior angle of ΔBCD and exterior angle is always greater than interior angle.
| 4)∠ADB > ∠ACB
|| 4)∠ACB = ∠DCB
| 5) ∠ABD > ∠ABC
|| 5) ∠ABC = ∠ABD + ∠DBC
| 6) ∠ABC > ∠ACB
|| 6) From (4) and (5)
Converse of the above theorem is also true.
Theorem : 2 In a triangle the greater angle has the longer side opposite to it.
1) In ΔABC, AC = 5cm, AB = 7 cm and BC = 3Cm. Write the angles in ascending order.
2)In ΔPQR, PQ = 8cm, PR = 3 cm and PQ= 6Cm. Write the angles in ascending order.
3) In ΔABC, AC is the longest side then which angle is the largest ?
4) In ΔPQR, QR is the shortes side then which angle is the smallest ?
5) In a right triangle MNO, right angled at N, which side is the longest side?
6) n ΔPQR, ∠P =40 0 ,∠Q =80 0 and ∠R =60 0 . Write the sides in ascending order.
• Introduction to Triangles
• Types of Triangles on the basis of Sides
• Types of Triangles on the basis of Angles
• Angle Sum Property of Triangles
• Exterior and Interior angles of Triangle
• Triangle Inequality Property
• Congruent Triangles
• Postulates of Congruent Triangle
• Inequality in Triangle
Covid-19 has affected physical interactions between people.
Don't let it affect your learning.