Math Puzzle 12
Covid-19 has led the world to go through a phenomenal transition .
E-learning is the future today.
Stay Home , Stay Safe and keep learning!!!
This math puzzle 12 is on logical reasoning,work - time, exponents etc.
1) If 20 less than seven times a number is five times the number, then which of the following could be the number?
A. 3/5 B. 5 C. 10 D. 12 E. -10
2) Amy has p coins of 10¢ each, q coins of 25¢ each and r coins of 50¢ each. Which of the following equations relate the total money M (in $) possessed by Amy?
A. M = ( pqr ) / 100 B. M=p+q+r C. M=10p + 5q + 2r
D. M = P/10 + q/4 +r/2 E. M = P/100 + q/50 +r/20
3) Four boys can plough a field in 9 hours. How many boys would be needed to plough the same field in 6 hours?
A. 3 B. 4 C. 6 D. 8 E. 9
4) 9 men or 12 women can do a job in 44 days. How long will it take 12 men and 6 women to do the same job?
A. 6 B. 18
C. 24 D. 32 E. 44
5) From a group of 20 girls and 15 boys, one class representative needs to be chosen. The number of ways in which the representative can be chosen is.
A. 5 B. 15 C. 20 D. 35 E. 45
6) From the letters of the word "SQUARE" how many three-letter arrangements can be formed if the first letter must be Q and no letter can be used more than once in any arrangement?
A. 750 B. 120
C. 40 D. 24 E. 20
7) If 1/x + 1/y + 1/z =1, then what is the value of xyz?
A. 1 B. -1
C. xy + yz + zx D. x + y + z
E. x 2 + y 2 + z 2
8) If 37abc = 74a2 b2 c2 then the value of a/c is
A. 2ab B. 2a 2 b
C. 2ab/c D. a 2 b E. b
9)If x is a positive integer and (x - 2)2 = 25, then what is x2 ?
A. 25 B. 16 C. 81 D. 64 E. 49
10)The sum of the roots of the equation (x - 2) (x + 5) = 0 exceeds the product of the roots by
A. -7 B. -5 C. -2 D. 5 E. 7
Math Puzzle 12
From Math Puzzle 12 to Math Teasers
Covid-19 has affected physical interactions between people.
Don't let it affect your learning.