Math Puzzle 14
We at ask-math believe that educational material should be free for everyone. Please use the content of this website for in-depth understanding of the concepts. Additionally, we have created and posted videos on our youtube.
We also offer One to One / Group Tutoring sessions / Homework help for Mathematics from Grade 4th to 12th for algebra, geometry, trigonometry, pre-calculus, and calculus for US, UK, Europe, South east Asia and UAE students.
Affiliations with Schools & Educational institutions are also welcome.
Please reach out to us on [email protected] / Whatsapp +919998367796 / Skype id: anitagovilkar.abhijit
We will be happy to post videos as per your requirements also. Do write to us.
This math puzzle 14 is on total distance,speed,total sales,capacity etc.
1) Fast food sales in a restaurant are given in the table below:
|| Amount of Sale
|| % of Total Sale
What is (A+B)?
A. 5500 B. 7500 C. 12000 D. 20000 E. 24000
2) Alan walks 3/4 mile and travels by bus 6 miles on his way to work. What fraction of the total distance does he walk?
A. 8/51 B. 51/8 C. 1/8 D. 1/9 E. 1/27
3) Given that today is Monday, what day of the week will be 6 99 days from today?
A. Monday B. Tuesday C. Thursday D. Saturday E. Sunday
4) Car A covers a distance of 5 miles in 3 minutes, car B travels 9 miles in 6 minutes, and car C travels 12 miles in 15 minutes. Which car travels fastest?
A. A B. B C. C D. A and B E. B and C
5) Car A covers a distance of 5 miles in 3 minutes, car B travels 9.7 miles in 6 minutes, and car C travels 35 miles in 21 minutes. Which cars travel at the same speed?
A. A, B, C travel at different speed B. A and B C. B and C D. A and C E. A, B, C travel at same speed
6) Car A covers a distance of 5 miles in 3 minutes, car B travels 9 miles in 6 minutes and car C travels 12 miles in 15 minutes. If all 3 cars travel for 1 hour, how many more miles does car A travel compared to car C?
A. 10 B. 48 C. 52 D. 90 E. 100
7) What value of x satisfies the equation 11(x - 1) = 1/1331?
A. -4 B. -3 C. -2 D. 2 E. 3
8) If y = , then which of the following equations give the value of x in terms of y?
A. x = y9
/ 2 B. x = y6
C. x = y9
/ 8 D. x= y6
E. x = y1/9
9) If x = 272/3 and y = 251/2 , what is the difference between and x and y?
A. 2 B. 4 C. 5 D. 9 E. 22
10) A tank which is 20% filled to the capacity holds 210 gallons of water. What is the total capacity of the tank?
A. 530 B. 630
C.840 D. 1050 E. 1260
Math Puzzle 14
From Math Puzzle 14 to Math Teasers
Russia-Ukraine crisis update - 3rd Mar 2022
The UN General assembly voted at an emergency session to demand an immediate halt to Moscow's attack on Ukraine and withdrawal of Russian troops.