Math Puzzle 15
We at ask-math believe that educational material should be free for everyone. Please use the content of this website for in-depth understanding of the concepts. Additionally, we have created and posted videos on our youtube.
We also offer One to One / Group Tutoring sessions / Homework help for Mathematics from Grade 4th to 12th for algebra, geometry, trigonometry, pre-calculus, and calculus for US, UK, Europe, South east Asia and UAE students.
Affiliations with Schools & Educational institutions are also welcome.
Please reach out to us on [email protected] / Whatsapp +919998367796 / Skype id: anitagovilkar.abhijit
We will be happy to post videos as per your requirements also. Do write to us.
This section contains math puzzle 15 which is based on fractions,inequality and algebraic identity.
1) What is the sum of 3 2/3 and its reciprocal?
A. 33/130 B. 130/33 C. 42/33 D. 33/42 E. None of these
2) A long pole is divided into four parts. The first is 1/5 of the whole, the second is 1/4 of the first and third is 1/2 of the second and the fourth is 87 cm. What is the total length of the pole (in cm)?
A. 290 B. 280 C. 160 D. 120 E. 100
3) Which of the following is the greatest common factor of 36abc2 , 27a2 bc and 24ab2c?
A. 2abc B. 3abc C. 6abc D. 9abc E. 12abc
4) Janet and John take hops of 68 cm and 92 cm respectively. If they start at the same time, how far (in meters) will they be before they meet again?
A. 3.91 m B. 13.44 m C. 15.64 m D. 16.00 m
E. 16.64 m
5) Which of the following is the greatest common factor of (a - b),
(a + b) (a2 + b2) and (a 4 -b4 )?
A. (a - b) B. (a + b) C. (a2
) D. (a4
6) If 'k' is any odd integer, what is the remainder when (k-1)2 is divided by 4?
A. 0 B. 1 C. 2 D. 3 E. 4
7) If x and y are integers such that x + y < 12 and x > 7, what is the smallest possible value of x - y?
A. 2 B. 3 C. 4 D. 5 E. 7
8) Which of the following is not a rational number?
A. √1 B. √2 C. √4 D. √9 E. None
9) Which of the following numbers lie between 2 and 3?
A. √2 B. √3 C. √π D. √5 E. √10
10) What lies between 1/2 and 5/8?
A. 5/16 B. 7/16
C. 9/16 D. 11/16 E. 7/14
Math Puzzle 15
From math puzzle 15 to Math Teasers
Russia-Ukraine crisis update - 3rd Mar 2022
The UN General assembly voted at an emergency session to demand an immediate halt to Moscow's attack on Ukraine and withdrawal of Russian troops.