Math Puzzle 19
We at ask-math believe that educational material should be free for everyone. Please use the content of this website for in-depth understanding of the concepts. Additionally, we have created and posted videos on our youtube.
We also offer One to One / Group Tutoring sessions / Homework help for Mathematics from Grade 4th to 12th for algebra, geometry, trigonometry, pre-calculus, and calculus for US, UK, Europe, South east Asia and UAE students.
Affiliations with Schools & Educational institutions are also welcome.
Please reach out to us on [email protected] / Whatsapp +919998367796 / Skype id: anitagovilkar.abhijit
We will be happy to post videos as per your requirements also. Do write to us.
This Math Puzzle 19 contains percent problems ,square root problems etc.
1) Out of the following, which is greater than 3/4?
A. 2/5 B. 4/8 C. 6 / 13 D. 7/11 E. 11 / 14
2) If a man walks 1/2 meter per second, how many meters can he walk in half hour?
A. 3600 m B. 1800 m C. 900 m D. 600 m E. 450 m
3) 310 + 310 + 310 = ?
4) What is 35 percent of 7 / 12 of 480?
A. 49 B. 91 C. 98 D. 138 E. 170
5) If taxi fares were $ 2.00 for the first 1/3mile and $ 0.30 for each 1/3mile there after, then the taxi fare for a 4-mile ride is
A. $ 4.20 B. $ 3.90 C. $ 3.50 D. $ 3.10 E. $ 2.90
6) A 16% glycerin solution contains 20 gallons of glycerin. How many gallons of the solution is there?
A. 800 B. 450
C. 125 D. 80 E. 40
7) Three tenth of an ice berg is above the surface of the ocean. If 420 tons of the ice berg are below the water, how many tons are above the water?
A. 140 B. 180
C. 150 D. 120 E. 60
8) If α , β and γ represent single digit positive integers such that
α - β = γ and γ + α = 8 - β , what is the value of α ?
A. 8 B. 6 C. 4 D. 2 E. 1
9) If k is divisible by 3, 4 and 9 which of the following is also divisible by these numbers?
A. k-3 B. k-4 C. k-9 D. k-12 E. k-36
10) The price of a microwave oven is reduced by 20 percent. The new price is reduced by a further 15 percent. The two reductions together are equal to a single reduction of.
A. 26 % B. 24 % C. 20 % D. 18 % E. 16 %
Math puzzle 19
From Math puzzle 19 to Math Teasers
Russia-Ukraine crisis update - 3rd Mar 2022
The UN General assembly voted at an emergency session to demand an immediate halt to Moscow's attack on Ukraine and withdrawal of Russian troops.