Math Puzzle 22
We at ask-math believe that educational material should be free for everyone. Please use the content of this website for in-depth understanding of the concepts. Additionally, we have created and posted videos on our youtube.
We also offer One to One / Group Tutoring sessions / Homework help for Mathematics from Grade 4th to 12th for algebra, geometry, trigonometry, pre-calculus, and calculus for US, UK, Europe, South east Asia and UAE students.
Affiliations with Schools & Educational institutions are also welcome.
Please reach out to us on [email protected] / Whatsapp +919998367796 / Skype id: anitagovilkar.abhijit
We will be happy to post videos as per your requirements also. Do write to us.
This math puzzle 22 is on equidistant,collinear,arithmetic mean etc.
1) For what value of 'a' will the points (-a -1 , 2), (a, 3) and (4, -5) be collinear?
A. 4/15 B. 1/5 C. -3/5 D. -2/5 E. -12
2) If the point P (x, y) be equidistant from the points A (-3, -6) and
B (-6, -3), then what is the ratio of x: y?
A. 1 B. -2 C. 3 D.1/2 E. 1/3
3) If the mean of five observations x, x - 4, x + 7, x - 7, x + 4 is 20 then the mean of the three observations is.
A. 21 B. 24 C. 30 D. 33 E. 63
4) If the average (arithmetic mean) of 7,7 13,17 and p is equal to p, what is the value of p?
A. 5 B. 6 C. 7 D. 9 E. 11
4) P, Q, R are three sets of values of x:
P: 6, 4,1,1,6,6
Select the correct statement from among the following
A. Mean of P is equal to mean of Q is equal to mean of R
B. Median of Q is equal to mean of R is equal to mode of P
C. Mean of P is equal to median of Q is equal to mode of R
D. Median of P is equal to mode of Q is equal to mean of R
E. Mode of P is equal to median of Q is equal to mean of R.
5) The table below shows the average (arithmetic mean) per dozen of Grade A mangoes sold in a certain fruit store during three successive months. If twice as many dozens were sold in May as in June, and 3/4 as many dozen were sold in July as in May, what was the average price per dozen of mangoes sold over the three month period?
|| Per dozen
A. $ 2.00 B. $ 2.20 C. $ 2.35 D. $ 2.40 E. $ 2.42
6) The marks obtained by the number of a class are summarized in the table:
Which of the following can be the mean marks of the class?
A. x+2y+4z/7 B. x+2y+4z/5 C. x+2y+4z D. 5x+10y+20z E. 5x+10y+20z/7
7) In a list of five integers 7 is the lowest member, 42 is the highest member, the mean is 20 the median is 21 and 15 is the mode. If the numbers 4 and 45 are then included in the list, which o f the following will change?(math puzzle 22)
I the mode
II the median
III the mean
A. I only B. II only
C. III only D. I and II only E. II and III only
8) If 7 cards above are placed in a row so that diamond ace is never at either end, how many different arrangements are possible.
A. 5 B. 20 C. 120 D. 240 E. 720
9) A bag contains 4 green, 3 white and 2 blue balls. A ball is drawn and not replaced. A second ball is drawn. The probability of drawing one white and one green ball is
A. 1/3 B. 1/6 C. 12/24 D. 3/24 E. -3/24
10) Toni's lock consists of a 3-digit number. The combination satisfies the three conditions below.
The number is odd
The number is a prime
The number is a multiple of 3
If each number satisfies exactly one of the conditions which if the following of could be the combination to the lock?
A. 3 - 6 -1 B. 2 - 6 - 5 C. 1 - 3 - 9 D. 3 - 6 - 9
E. 5 - 6 - 9
Math puzzle 22
From math puzzle 22 to Math Teasers