Math Puzzle 25
We at ask-math believe that educational material should be free for everyone. Please use the content of this website for in-depth understanding of the concepts. Additionally, we have created and posted videos on our youtube.
We also offer One to One / Group Tutoring sessions / Homework help for Mathematics from Grade 4th to 12th for algebra, geometry, trigonometry, pre-calculus, and calculus for US, UK, Europe, South east Asia and UAE students.
Affiliations with Schools & Educational institutions are also welcome.
Please reach out to us on [email protected] / Whatsapp +919998367796 / Skype id: anitagovilkar.abhijit
We will be happy to post videos as per your requirements also. Do write to us.
This math puzzle 25 is on sequence, logarithm,distance,LCM etc.
1) sequence of numbers a, b, c, d . where b/a = c/b = d/c and so on. If b
I c/b < 1
II c/d > 1
III d/c > 1
A. I and II true
B. II and III true
C. I and III true
D. III true
E. nothing can be inferred
2) What is the length of the longest rod that can be completely placed inside a cube of side a?
A. a √2
D. a √3
3) Three bells ring at intervals of 3 seconds, 5 seconds and 8 seconds respectively. If they start ringing at the same time, after how many seconds will they again ring together?
4) If 2P + 3Q= R and P + R =4Q. What is the ratio of P to R?
5) A bookshelf holds 8 different math books, 6 different physics books and 4 different chemistry books. In how many ways can 1 book be selected?
6) If log 10x = a; log 10y=b; what is log 1010xy?
A. a + b
B. a b
C. 1 + a + b
D. 10 + a + b
7) Point A is at (-3,4), point B is at (-1,4) and point C is at (1,5). Which is farthest from origin?
A. A and B
B. B and C
8) Which of the following will form corners of a square?
I (0,0), (4,0), (4,5), (0,5)
I (0,0), (4,0), (4,4), (0,4)
III (0,0), (3,0), (3,4), (0,4)
IV (0,0), (3,0), (3,3), (0,3)
A. I, III
B. I, II
C. II, III
D. II, IV
E. I, IV
9) If (x - 2)/(x + 2) = 5 and (y + 3)/(y - 3) = 2; what is y: x?
10) What is the sum of the smallest 2 prime numbers?
Math puzzle 25
From Math puzzle 25 to Math Teasers
Russia-Ukraine crisis update - 3rd Mar 2022
The UN General assembly voted at an emergency session to demand an immediate halt to Moscow's attack on Ukraine and withdrawal of Russian troops.