Math Puzzle 26
We at ask-math believe that educational material should be free for everyone. Please use the content of this website for in-depth understanding of the concepts. Additionally, we have created and posted videos on our youtube.
We also offer One to One / Group Tutoring sessions / Homework help for Mathematics from Grade 4th to 12th for algebra, geometry, trigonometry, pre-calculus, and calculus for US, UK, Europe, South east Asia and UAE students.
Affiliations with Schools & Educational institutions are also welcome.
Please reach out to us on [email protected] / Whatsapp +919998367796 / Skype id: anitagovilkar.abhijit
We will be happy to post videos as per your requirements also. Do write to us.
This math puzzle 26 is on shares, isosceles triangle, work-time, logical reasoning etc.
1) What is the value of (2+4+6+8+10) - (1+3+5+7+9)?
2) A student multiplies a number by 22 instead of 32 and gets the answer as 110. What answer would he get if he had done multiplied that number by 32?
E. Cannot be calculated
3) In a class of 45 students, there are 5 boys more than the number of girls. How many boys are there in the class?
4) The price of a $20.00 share increases by 10% in a week and falls by 10% in the subsequent week. What is the price of the share at the end of 2 weeks?
5) 100 shares, each of value $20.00 rises to $25.00 in 6 months. A dividend of $0.5 is declared for a share during this time. If the shares are sold at $25.00 at the end of 6 months, what is the net profit?
6) In a forest 30% of the animals are carnivores. If this is represented in a circle as pie-chart, what will be the angle of the arc (in degree) for carnivores?
7) The operation & is defined as a & b & c = a b + bc + ca , then what is the value of (0 &1 & 2) + (1 & 2 & 3)?
8) What is the length of the longest rod that can be placed completely inside a cylinder of radius 1.5 and height 4?
9) A farm has 15 workers who work 30 hours per week. In a week, 5 workers could not work, how many extra hours the remaining workers have to work to make up the lost time?
10) An isosceles triangle has sides 3 and 4. Which of the following could be the length of the third side?
A. either 3 or 4
Math puzzle 26
From Math puzzle 26 to Math Teasers
Russia-Ukraine crisis update - 3rd Mar 2022
The UN General assembly voted at an emergency session to demand an immediate halt to Moscow's attack on Ukraine and withdrawal of Russian troops.