Math Puzzle 27
We at ask-math believe that educational material should be free for everyone. Please use the content of this website for in-depth understanding of the concepts. Additionally, we have created and posted videos on our youtube.
We also offer One to One / Group Tutoring sessions / Homework help for Mathematics from Grade 4th to 12th for algebra, geometry, trigonometry, pre-calculus, and calculus for US, UK, Europe, South east Asia and UAE students.
Affiliations with Schools & Educational institutions are also welcome.
Please reach out to us on [email protected] / Whatsapp +919998367796 / Skype id: anitagovilkar.abhijit
We will be happy to post videos as per your requirements also. Do write to us.
This math puzzle 27 is on logical reasoning, circumference, probability,sequence etc
1) Which of the following is equivalent to 0.005?
2) Probability of an event could be any one of the following except:
A. I, II & IV
C. III & IV
E. Insufficient data
3) If x @ y = x2 - y 2 , what is (x @ y) / (x + y)?
A. (x + y)
B. (x - y)
C. (x + y)2
( x - y)
D. (x + y)(x – y)2
4) Which of the following numbers when divided by 9, leaves a remainder 0?
5) In the sequence of numbers 2, 4, 8, 16 each term is obtained by multiplying the previous by 2. In such a series, what is the ratio of the 4th term to the 6th term?
6) What is the value of a, if 7a - b + c = 48 and b = a / 2, c = 3a / 2?
7) Circumference of a circle with radius 4 is equal to the perimeter of a square. What is the length of the square?
8) An unbiased coin is tossed n times. The probability of a head or a tail turning up on the nth trial is
9) Book-shop1 offers a discount of 29% on a book whereas Book-shop2 offers two successive discounts of 10% and 20% for the same book. Which shop offers maximum benefit to the buyer?
C. both offer same benefit
D. cannot be predicted
E. None of the above
10) A number x is increased by y% and then decreased by y%. The final number obtained will be
I less than x always
II more than x always
III equal to x always
D. I or II
E. Insufficient data
Math puzzle 27
From Math puzzle 27 to Math Teasers