Math Puzzle 29
We at ask-math believe that educational material should be free for everyone. Please use the content of this website for in-depth understanding of the concepts. Additionally, we have created and posted videos on our youtube.
We also offer One to One / Group Tutoring sessions / Homework help for Mathematics from Grade 4th to 12th for algebra, geometry, trigonometry, pre-calculus, and calculus for US, UK, Europe, South east Asia and UAE students.
Affiliations with Schools & Educational institutions are also welcome.
Please reach out to us on [email protected] / Whatsapp +919998367796 / Skype id: anitagovilkar.abhijit
We will be happy to post videos as per your requirements also. Do write to us.
This math puzzle 29 is on intersection, perpendicular lines,fraction, LCM etc.
1) The point of intersection of the lines x + 2y = 4 and 3x + 6y = 7 is
E. Never meet
2) In how many ways can 5 people occupy 5 seats in a train?
3) If x = 272/3 ,y = 251/2 , z = 641/3 , which has the largest value?
D. y, z
E. x, y
4) Which of the following is arranged in ascending order?
I 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, 1/5
II 4/5, 3/4, 2/3, ½
III 1/2, 2/3, 3/4, 4/5
IV 1/4, 1/3, 1/5, 1/2
E. None of these
5) A solid cylinder has its radius equal to its height. What is the ratio of the area of the 2 ends to its curved surface area?
6) Three bells ring at intervals of 3 seconds, 5 seconds and 8 seconds respectively. If they start ringing at the same time, how many times would all the three bells have rung before they ring together again?
7) Which point on the x-axis is equidistant from (5, 4) and (-2, 3)?
A. (0, 2)
B. (2, 0)
C. (-2, 0)
D. (0, -2)
E. (10, 4)
8) Which of the following pair of lines are perpendicular to each other?
I x-2y+10=0 and x-2y+14=0
II 3x+y+8=0 and x+3y+12=0
III 3x-y+8=0 and x+3y+12=0
D. II & III
E. Cannot be determined
9) A train starts at a speed of 120 miles/hour, and reduces speed for every 1/2 hour by 20 miles/hour for the next 3 hours. How far does it traves in 3 hours?
10)Car A covers a distance of 5 miles in 3 minutes, car B travels 9 miles in 6 minutes, car C travels 12 miles in 15 minutes. How fast is car A compared to car B (in percentage terms?
Math puzzle 29
From Math puzzle 29 to Math Teasers
Russia-Ukraine crisis update - 3rd Mar 2022
The UN General assembly voted at an emergency session to demand an immediate halt to Moscow's attack on Ukraine and withdrawal of Russian troops.