Math Puzzle 32
We at ask-math believe that educational material should be free for everyone. Please use the content of this website for in-depth understanding of the concepts. Additionally, we have created and posted videos on our youtube.
We also offer One to One / Group Tutoring sessions / Homework help for Mathematics from Grade 4th to 12th for algebra, geometry, trigonometry, pre-calculus, and calculus for US, UK, Europe, South east Asia and UAE students.
Affiliations with Schools & Educational institutions are also welcome.
Please reach out to us on [email protected] / Whatsapp +919998367796 / Skype id: anitagovilkar.abhijit
We will be happy to post videos as per your requirements also. Do write to us.
This math puzzle 32 is on Probability,Percentage,median,volume of cone etc.
1) Peter sells a camera to Ron at a loss of 15%. Ron sells the same camera to David at a profit of 20%. If David paid $153 for the camera, how much did Peter pay for it?
2) If a grain of rice is placed on the first square of a chess board, 2 on the second, 4 on the next and so on, how many grains will be needed for the 64th square
3) A box contains 5 red, 4 white and 6 blue balls. If two balls are drawn at random and the first is not replaced before the second is drawn, what is the probability that both are white?
4) Which of the following can be calculated for the set of numbers 2, 3, 3, 4, 6, x, 11 where 7 < x <10?
C. Mean, Median, Mode
D. Median, Mode
5) Each angle of polygon is 165 0 . The number of its sides is
6) The volume of a cone of radius r is 1/3 of the volume of a cube of length x. If the cube and cone have equal heights, then what is r in terms of x?
C. x √ π
D. x /√ π
E. x / π
7) If Andy, Bob and Cathy split $15.00 in the ratio 1:2:3, how much will Bob get?
A. $ 2.00
B. $ 2.50
C. $ 3.00
D. $ 5.00
E. $ 7.50
8)Which of the choice is same as 35%?
9) For what value of 'n' is the value of n(n-4)(n+1) negative?
10) If x + y + z = 20, y = 3x and z = 2y then what is x?
Math puzzle 32
From Math puzzle 32 to Math Teasers
Russia-Ukraine crisis update - 3rd Mar 2022
The UN General assembly voted at an emergency session to demand an immediate halt to Moscow's attack on Ukraine and withdrawal of Russian troops.