Multiplication of Monomial by Binomial
We at ask-math believe that educational material should be free for everyone. Please use the content of this website for in-depth understanding of the concepts. Additionally, we have created and posted videos on our youtube.
We also offer One to One / Group Tutoring sessions / Homework help for Mathematics from Grade 4th to 12th for algebra, geometry, trigonometry, pre-calculus, and calculus for US, UK, Europe, South east Asia and UAE students.
Affiliations with Schools & Educational institutions are also welcome.
Please reach out to us on [email protected] / Whatsapp +919998367796 / Skype id: anitagovilkar.abhijit
We will be happy to post videos as per your requirements also. Do write to us.
In Multiplication of Monomial by Binomial,monomial means single number and Binomial has two terms.
For solving this multiplication use the following steps:
1) Monomial is outside the parenthesis (bracket).
2) Binomial is inside the parenthesis.
3) Use a distributive property to open the parenthesis.
4) Distributive property ---> Multiply each term of the parenthesis by the monomial keeping the addition or subtraction sign same.
1) Multiply : 3x(x + 4)
As 3x is outside the parenthesis, multiply x and 4 by 3x
3x(x + 4) = 3x .
x + 3x .
= 3x1 + 1
2) Multiply : 4x2
3) Multiply : -2xy (x2
y - 4x)
y - 4x)
= -2xy .
+ 2xy .
4) Multiply : 3ab(a2
b - ab2
b - ab2
= 3ab .
b - 3ab .
Multiplication of algebraic expressions
• Multiplication of Monomial by Binomial
• Multiplication of Binomial by Binomial
• Multiplication of Polynomial by Monomial
• Multiplication of Polynomial by Binomial
Algebraic Expressions page
Russia-Ukraine crisis update - 3rd Mar 2022
The UN General assembly voted at an emergency session to demand an immediate halt to Moscow's attack on Ukraine and withdrawal of Russian troops.