Perimeter and Area of Irregular Shape
Covid-19 has led the world to go through a phenomenal transition .
E-learning is the future today.
Stay Home , Stay Safe and keep learning!!!
In this section we will discuss about Perimeter and Area of Irregular Shape.
Perimeter : It is the length of the boundary of a closed figure.
In other words, we can say that the Perimeter is the total length of the boundary or sum of all sides.
It is measured in m (meter) , cm(centimeter) , Km (kilometer ) and miles.
Examples on Perimeter and Area of Irregular Shape :
Perimeter= AB + BQ + QC + CD + DS + SE + EF + FR + RG + GH + HP + PA
= 1 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 3 + 3
= 28 cm
2) Find the Perimeter of the given figure.
Perimeter = AB + BC + CD + DE + EF + FA
= 10 cm + 8 cm + 2 cm + 4 cm + 8 cm + 2 cm
= 34 cm
3) Calculate the perimeter of the following figure:
Perimeter = 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 10 cm
4) Find the area of figure.
Area of the figure = Area of I + Area of II + Area of III
Now, Area of figure I = 3.4 x 2.5
= 8.5 cm2
Area of figure II = (6 - 3)x(3.4 - 2)
= 3 x 1.4
= 4.2 cm2
Area of figure III = 3 x 1
= 3 cm2
Total area = 8.5 + 4.2 + 3
= 15.7 cm2
Mensuration : Area and Perimeter
• Perimeter and Area of Irregular Shape
• Area and Perimeter of the Rectangle
• Area of Square (perimeter of square)
• Perimeter of Parallelogram(Area of Parallelogram)
• Area of Rhombus(Perimeter of rhombus)
• Area of Trapezoid (Trapezium)
• Triangle Area (Perimeter of triangle)
• Herons Formula
From Area of Irregular shape to Mensuration page
From Area of Irregular Shape to Home Page
Covid-19 has affected physical interactions between people.
Don't let it affect your learning.