Perimeter of Parallelogram and Area of Parallelogram
We at ask-math believe that educational material should be free for everyone. Please use the content of this website for in-depth understanding of the concepts. Additionally, we have created and posted videos on our youtube.
We also offer One to One / Group Tutoring sessions / Homework help for Mathematics from Grade 4th to 12th for algebra, geometry, trigonometry, pre-calculus, and calculus for US, UK, Europe, South east Asia and UAE students.
Affiliations with Schools & Educational institutions are also welcome.
Please reach out to us on [email protected] / Whatsapp +919998367796 / Skype id: anitagovilkar.abhijit
We will be happy to post videos as per your requirements also. Do write to us.
In this section we will discuss perimeter of parallelogram and area of parallelogram.
Formulas are as follows :
Perimeter = 2l + 2w
Area = Base x height
Base = Area/height
Height = Area/Base
Some solved Examples :
1) The length of a parallelogram is 25 cm and width is 20 cm .Find the perimeter.
Perimeter = 2 ( l + w )
⇒ = 2 ( 25 + 20 )
⇒ = 2 x 45
∴ Perimeter = 90 cm.
2) Find the perimeter & area of parallelogram with base 5 cm , width 3 cm and height 4.2 cm.
Area = base x height
Area = 5 x 4.2
Area = 21 cm2
Perimeter = 2l + 2w
= 2( 5) + 2(3)
= 10 + 6
Perimeter = 16 cm.
3) Find the height of the parallelogram whose area is 2.25 sq.m and base is 25 dm.
Area of parallelogram = 2.25 sq.m
1dm = 0.1 m
So, 25 dm = 25 x 0.1
Base of the parallelogram = 2.5 m
Height of the parallelogram = Area / Base
Height = 0.9 m
4) The two sides of the parallelogram ABCD are 6cm and 4cm. The height corresponding to the base CD is 3cm, as shown in fig. Find the
(i) area of the parallelogram (ii) the height corresponding to the base AD.
(i) Area of parallelogram = base x height (when base = DC
= 6 x 3
Area = 18 sq.cm
(ii) Now base = AD = 4 cm and height = h
Area of parallelogram =AD x h
18 = 4 x h
h = 18/4
h = 4.5 cm
Thus the height corresponding to base AD is 4.5 cm.
Mensuration : Area and Perimeter
• Perimeter & Area of Irregular Shape
• Area and Perimeter of the Rectangle
• Area of Square (perimeter of square)
• Perimeter of Parallelogram(Area of Parallelogram)
• Area of Rhombus(Perimeter of rhombus)
• Area of Trapezoid (Trapezium)
• Triangle Area (Perimeter of triangle)
• Herons Formula
7th grade math