worksheet on surface area and volume
The worksheet on surface area and volume is for 10th grade math, specially for CBSE students.
(Each carry 2 Marks)
1.Find the lateral surface area and the total surface area of a cuboid whose dimensions are 26 m,14 m and 6.5 m
2. The dimensions of a room are 9 m × 8 m × 6.5 m. It has one door of dimensions
2 m × 1.5 m and two windows each of dimensions 1.5 m x 1 m. Find the cost of white washing the walls at $6.40 per m2
3. Find the lateral surface area and the total surface area of a cube of edge 20 cm.
4. A roller is 150 cm long has a diameter of 70 cm. To level a play ground it takes 750 complete revolutions. Determine the cost of leveling the play ground at the rate of 75 cents per m2
5. The diameter of a cylinder is 28 cm and its height is 40 cm. Find the curved surface area, total surface area and the volume of the cylinder.
6. The curved surface area of a cone is 4070 cm2
and its diameter is 70 cm. What is its slant height?
7. The circumference of the base of a cone is 44 cm and its slant height is 25 cm. Find the volume and curved surface of the cone.
8. Find the total surface area of a hemisphere of radius 10 cm. π=3.14
9. If the radius of a balloon is doubled by pumping air into it, find the ratio of the two surface areas.
10. A water tank in the form of a cuboid is 6 m long, 5 m wide and 4.5 m deep. Find the capacity of the tank in liters if 1 m3
11. If the surface area of a cube is 864 cm2
, find the volume of the cube.
12. The diameters of two cones are equal. If their slant heights are in the ratio 5:4, find the ratio of their curved surface area.
13. 50 circular plates, each of radius 7 cm and thickness 12 cm are placed one above the other to form a solid right circular cylinder. Find the total surface area and volume of the cylinder.
14. A powder tin has a square base with side 12 cm and height 17.5 cm. Another is cylindrical with diameter of its base 12 cm and height 17.5 cm. Which has more capacity and by how much?
15. Find the volume, curved surface area and the total surface area of a cone whose height the slant height are respectively 6 cm and 10 cm respectively. π=3.14. 16. The radius and height of a right circular cone are in the ratio 5:12. If its volume is 314 cm3
, find its slant height.
17. The volume of a sphere is 38808 cm3
. Find its radius and hence its surface area.
18. The surface areas of two spheres are in the ratio 1:4. Find the ratio of their volumes.
19. A solid metallic cylinder of base radius 3 cm and height 5 cm is melted to form a cone of height 1 cm and base radius 1 mm. Find the number of cones formed.
20. A cone is 8.4 cm high and the radius of its base is 2.1 cm. It is melted and recast into a sphere. Find the radius of the sphere.
From Surface area -volume worksheet to Home Page
We at ask-math believe that educational material should be free for everyone. Please use the content of this website for in-depth understanding of the concepts. Additionally, we have created and posted videos on our youtube.
We also offer One to One / Group Tutoring sessions / Homework help for Mathematics from Grade 4th to 12th for algebra, geometry, trigonometry, pre-calculus, and calculus for US, UK, Europe, South east Asia and UAE students.
Affiliations with Schools & Educational institutions are also welcome.
Please reach out to us on [email protected] / Whatsapp +919998367796 / Skype id: anitagovilkar.abhijit
We will be happy to post videos as per your requirements also. Do write to us.
Russia-Ukraine crisis update - 3rd Mar 2022
The UN General assembly voted at an emergency session to demand an immediate halt to Moscow's attack on Ukraine and withdrawal of Russian troops.